Closing 1 Valve to open another... Portal 2 attempts to teleport me away from boredom
Yep, I dropped 1 Valve game just to pick up another, Portal 2.
However, Portal 2 is a game I have played and loved before, when it originally came out on Xbox 360, I even completed the CoOp stuff with my son back in the day.
This was going to be an easy win. With Stephen Merchant and J K Simmons urging me on, how could I not enjoy this puzzle fest. More flying through the air at ridiculous speed from insane heights just to land firmly on my feet without injury, what did they do to me in stasis?
Throw in some ground up moon rocks and weird goo, and I'm bouncing, sprinting and teleporting my way to reinforce the idea that even the most intelligent AI is stupid.
Now, Wheatley is having fun with his friends in space ("in space!!!") and GladOS has come to the realisation that keeping me around is dangerous to her health, I am once again free to pick what I can use to distract myself from the fact that I may be the only human left on the planet.
OK, no I am not Chell, I am in the real world and actual people exist here... OK, I'm good.
So, going to smash out a proper series now. Going for one I have already started, been building for years but grossly ignored, but has many many games to keep me busy for a while. Resident Evil. Having already finished RE1 Remake Back in February, I will be moving onto RE2 Remake.
I have played the original RE PS1 games many many times over the years, 1 is a personal favourite, 7 is also something I have smashed to bits even on Steam, and played most of the others on other platforms, but never got the attention they deserve on Steam.
OK then Raccoon City, let's see what you've got.
Comments
Post a Comment