The death of Fantasy General 2, and refreshing an old friend, Resident Evil.
I am calling it a day on Fantasy General 2, it is just not my kind of game and I am starting to get annoyed by it. I have just completed the Shrouded Coast/Krell missions and on my way out of the games equivalent of Blighttown, which looks to be around the 60% mark but I am done. This is not fun for me. It is not my type of game at all. I can bring my self to do maybe 1 mission a day then need to stop.
I am officially putting it to bed. In it's defense, this is just not my kind of game, at all, and this is my fault not the game. It is so nicely polished that I really want to love it, I have not got a single bad thing to say about it. As I have next to no knowledge of the genre I cannot comment on how FG2 sits within it, but the graphics are very nice, the controls are easy to manage, upgrade progression and item assignments are easy to understand, the story is excellent and I may come back to it at some point. If you are into turn based strategy games, definitely give it a go.
In order to wipe the slate clean, I decided to play some I really wanted to play, let's start by taking a trip back to an old friend, but in new clothes. Resident Evil 1, the Remake. I remember playing this back in the day on my PS1, my first experience of the original was the Directors Cut version but in about 1999 with a dual analogue controller, I did go back and play the original later and while it was still a classic, the omission of the analogue stick means the Directors Cut will forever be my favourite.
Now, the remake. Not bad, considerably harder than the original on even normal mode. A Jill Sandwich now comes with conditions ( :( ), they've added a couple of new rooms and puzzles, which is to be expected. Not sure about the Crimson Heads and what they add as far as the story goes, and Lisa just seems a bit shoehorned in, just for a basic puzzle boss, that's not even a puzzle. If she knew where her mother was, and she just wanted the skull, why not just get it herself and stay out of our way?
I had already played this on Xbox when it first came out, so not entirely blind. But both Chris and Jill got done and done last night.
So, in keeping with actually making progress in games, I am moving onto For Honor. I am aware this is mainly a PvP game, but also has a campaign in it, so I am going to focus on that. I am also aware it needs an Ubi account, but as I already have one, and have for years, and needed one for Assassin's Creed, I will give it a go anyway.
Comments
Post a Comment