Hitman Codename 47 the clumsy beginning of a legend

Hitman Codename 47, I hit that, man. Over the years I've tried to play this game a few times and never been able to deal with the lay up of most of the levels.

And man, it has not got better with time. A quick save would have saved me so much time. The time I wasted just trying to get through the security gates to get to the ship drove me mad, then just to then not be able to figure out the layout of the ship, so the nuke goes off and I have to try it all over again.

This game is brutal. I ended up using a guide from about the forth or fifth level in, the one where you go through the hotel. I actually found some better approaches than the guide provided on a couple of mission, but just knowing what needed to be done made things so much easier. Stuff like wearing the right outfit was pretty obvious, but which is the right outfit? And a fail could immediately lose you half an hours work, at least.

What stopped us having a quick save function? That is ultimately all I wanted in 47 and it would have been great. Let me play around until a point I'm happy, save and move on to the next bit. If i messed up altogether and had to restart a level, at least I hadn't already had to replay the first 20 minutes of a level again for the 59th time.

Anyway, time to try again with Hitman 2: Silent Assassin. This has a save function so hopefully I get to enjoy playing around with it a bit more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

As The Pub Landlord Al Murray put it... It's been a year!

Half Life Blue Shift: shifted to the back of my mind

Closing 1 Valve to open another... Portal 2 attempts to teleport me away from boredom