Nemesis no more. Resident Evil 3 finally finished after 25 years
OK, so this was not the original 1999 release of Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, but the remake.
While I had strong nostalgic feelings for RE1 and RE2, which meant I quite disliked RE2 remake for various reasons, this was not true of RE3, but I still felt the same.
Both RE2 and RE3 seem to be cash grabs off the back of RE7 success using its engine and assets. Mia is still floating her hair about in these games, first person aiming just feels wrong to me somehow, especially with fast moving enemies such as lickers and dogs, and the small changes to the story or gameplay do not really add much to the remakes.
I did however love the obvious reusing of RPD and the street behind it when it was applicable. I had not really felt it early on in the game as many of the street scenes look completely different, and less on fire. But getting to Kendo's, seeing the street outside, hearing the discussion between Kendo and his daughter before Leon got there was awesome.
And while it was never really explained why all the stuff is blocked off in the station, or covered in sheets, it is possible Marvin uncovered it all trying to solve the medallion puzzle before Leon gets there. Also ZomBrad was the one that got Marv, man that is harsh.
But what the hell is going on with Carlos' hair? To quote Horse from Russian Doll "What's on your head? I said what's on your head? Is that a hat or a wig?" Even in the promotional material it looks stupid.
Anyway, RE3 is done and done. The rail gun was a blast, and I found the game a bit more agreeable than the original, which I could never bring myself to finish.
Time to move on with the trilogy and another one I never finished, Resident Evil 4. Although the reasons for not finishing this one is different. I never owned it until getting the complete RE set a couple of years ago in a bundle with Village.
Back in the day, 3 put me off for quite some time, and when I revisited the franchise with 6, I decided it was the right decision. RE7 brought me back in and I decided to go through the whole series at some point, so here we are.
Comments
Post a Comment